Suzuki announced they’re bringing the Burgman 200 global with the 2014 Suzuki Burgman 200 ABS at AIMExpo today in Orlando, Florida. This 200cc scooter is capable of riding the highway and as it has ABS stock, it could be a winner.
Suzuki has packed in 41 liters of storage under the seat, 5.5 liters more under a front dash resembling that of a car (with phone charger!) and all for what we hope to be a fairly entry-level price.
Here’s What We Know:
- Fuel injected and liquid cooled 200c engine producing 18 hp and 12.5 lbs.-ft. of torque and returning 70 mpg
- CVT transmission
- Telescopic front forks
- Rear twin shock absorbers with spring preload adjustment
- 28.9 in. seat height (lowest in class)
- Ergonomically designed seat and floorboards designed to make the reach to the ground easier
- 13 in. cast aluminum wheels
- Wind tunnel tested windscreen
- Disc brakes both front and rear with ABS
- 41 liters of storage under seat holds two full face helmets and comes with interior illumination
- 5.5 liters of storage in the dash with a 12V DC power outlet
- Multi-function display (eco drive indicator, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, avg fuel consumption, oil change indicator)
- Multiple accessories offered initially (top case, passenger back rest, heated grips, rear rack)
What We Don’t Know:
- When we’ll see them in dealers
The Burgman 200 has already been a success in Europe, and by the looks of this 2014 ABS, they should have a winner Stateside, though pricing will tell the tale. What do you think?
Review: 2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
Review: Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS