Since we’re all super busy these days and we want to get all the motorcycle stuff on our schedules before anything else pops up, we are delivering unto you the dates for this year’s Progressive International Motorcycle Show!
There are only eight dates scheduled since the show only comes to major population centers. The closest one to anyone in New England is New York City. Is it worth it? Have you been?
I have attended this show a few times at New York City’s Javits Center. It is a better time, when you live far away, to make it an all-weekend activity, especially here in the Northeast when December is seldom riding weather.
In the past, nearly all of the major manufacturers came out for the show. Last year, our own Justin Hughes took a day trip there with a group on a tour bus. It is a long day, but at least he didn’t have to drive.
There were some manufacturers missing from last year’s lineup, but hopefully they’ll be back for this year’s shows. The main attraction in 2018/2019 was the “Discover the Ride” attraction, where people totally new to motorcycling could get a small taste of it in a very controlled environment.
The shows are a great place to see new model lineups, sit on all the bikes you’ve been curious about, and talk to manufacturer representatives about the bikes on display. Certainly do not forget to take a bunch of pictures of yourself and your friends on all your dream bikes.
There are always loads of motorcycle accessory retailers there. This year’s shows are sponsored by Cycle Gear, J&P Cycles, and Progressive Insurance. Tickets will go on sale in September, but put the dates in your calendar now.
The 2019/2020 Progressive IMS tour dates and cities are as follows:
- Long Beach, CA: November 22-24, 2019, Long Beach Convention Center
- New York, NY: December 6-8, 2019, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
- Dallas, TX: January 3-5, 2020, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
- Washington D.C.: January 10-12, 2020, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- Denver, CO: January 17-19, 2020, Colorado Convention Center
- Cleveland, OH: January 24-26, 2020, International Exposition (I-X) Center
- Minneapolis, MN: January 31 - February 2, 2020, Minneapolis Convention Center
- Chicago, IL: February 7-9, 2020, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center