Harley-Davidson Releases Sturgis Activity ScheduleArguably the biggest event on the cruiser rider’s calendar – Sturgis – is just around the corner...
Arguably the biggest event on the cruiser rider’s calendar – Sturgis – is just around the corner and Harley-Davidson has announced its line-up of events and activities for attendees.
The 76th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally runs from 6-13 August. As the official motorcycle of the rally, Harley-Davidson says it will be offering daily concerts, parties, free demo rides, special events, AMA Pro Flat Track Racing, a Wall of Death show, and a new custom motorcycle show.
"No other motorcycle rally can boast the scenery and miles of great riding to be found in the Black Hills," said Dino Bernacchi, Harley-Davidson’s U.S. marketing director. "We encourage all motorcyclists to get to Sturgis and ride with us."
Harley-Davidson will be making its presence felt in several locations. Here’s a look at what’s happening where:
Harley-Davidson Rally Point (Main Street and Harley-Davidson Way)
The Harley-Davidson Rally Point is a permanent year-round space in Sturgis that features a stage for events and concerts and hosts a number of special events during the Sturgis Rally.
- Kick-off Party for the 76th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Friday, August 5, at 3pm.
- Mayor's Ride featuring Grand Marshal Ben Bostrom, Monday, August 8. To register, visit the City of Sturgis' website.
- Harley-Davidson Editor's Choice Bike Show, Tuesday, August 9 - Registration 8am – Awards 4pm.
- First Ever Angel's Ride, Friday, August 12 - The number of women riders is on the rise in America, join us to celebrate. To register, visit the City of Sturgis' website.
- MDA Raffle - Grand Prize Bike Drawing, August 13, at 4:15pm.
- Events and live music daily. View full Rally Point activities list.
Sturgis Community Center (Fourth and Lazelle Streets)
Customizations, sales and demonstrations of the Harley-Davidson clothing, as well as free test rides. All activities are August 6-13 from 9am - 5pm.
- Free Motorcycle Demo Rides: The 2016 motorcycle line-up and demo ride experience includes models such as the new Road Glide Ultra, Forty-Eight, Iron 883 and Roadster and the new S Series – Low Rider S, Fat Boy S and Softail Slim S plus a selection of customized models with H-D Genuine Motor Accessories. Staging for demo rides takes place in the parking lot behind the Community Center. A selection of helmets and jackets are available for demo rides.
- Project RUSHMORE Experience
- H-D1 Fit Shop and Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories: Harley-Davidson fit consultants are on hand to help adjust any motorcycle for maximum comfort, control, style and confidence, no matter the riding style or body type. New this year will be a "Quick Install" area for 30-minute or less installations of a selected few accessories for your motorcycle.
- Gear: A selection of new Genuine MotorClothes merchandise is available for demo and purchase on site, including Willie G. and H.O.G. Commemorative Merchandise.
- H.O.G. Members Only Hospitality: Pick up an exclusive H.O.G. Sturgis event pin and enjoy daily refreshments and snacks from 1-3 p.m.
- Bike Photos: Get a free professional photo taken of your Harley-Davidson bike to post on social media, and an option to purchase the photo as a keepsake.
- Hollywood Harley Bikes: Get up close and personal with customized bikes from the movies Captain America: Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron and the hero bike from FX's “Sons of Anarchy” TV show. Located on a red carpet, this experience provides an opportunity to take a picture while sitting on the customized motorcycles that starred in these iconic entertainment properties.
- Harley-Davidson Museum: Inside the Community Center, the H-D Museum brings a slice of history and heritage to Sturgis with a display highlighting Harley-Davidson's racing history including vintage racing footage that gives a nod to its special summer exhibit, "Drag Racing: America's Fast Time." Three sit-on Harley-Davidson racing motorcycles also show riders how speed thrills. Located in Milwaukee, the Harley-Davidson Museum welcomes riders on their way to or from Sturgis.
- Weber Mobile Grill Academy: Stop by the Weber Mobile Grill Academy to talk to experts about all things grilling and see an array of Harley-Davidson branded gas, charcoal and electric grills as well as accessories.
- Wall of Death and UNKNOWN Industries: Motorcycle stunt shows featuring UNKNOWN Industries and the spectacular Wall of Death will be running throughout the week.
- Be on the lookout for UFC President Dana White, and his buddies, as they film Dana's new TV show "Lookin' For A Fight" and as they ride their Harley-Davidson motorcycles at the legendary rally.
- As partner for the 76th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the Iron Horse Saloon will have daily giveaways (bandanas, shot glasses, etc.) and food and drink discounts for H.O.G. members.
- AMA Pro Flat Track Racing: Black Hills Speedway Half-Mile: Flat track motorcycle racing, the original American action sport, invades the challenging Black Hills Speedway half mile on Tuesday night, August 9. See two AMA Pro classes in action, including the premier Harley-Davidson GNC1 series featuring the H-D Factory Flat Track and Wrecking Crew riders Brad Baker, Davis Fisher, Jake Johnson and Kenny Coolbeth battling a field of top competitors in fierce handlebar-to-handlebar racing action.
For more information about Harley-Davidson 76th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally events and to get the official H-D Sturgis App, visit www.h-d.com/sturgis