Polaris dares consumers to ride (or drive) a Slingshot in a special Basketball Promotion and they say it was a huge success.
According to the company news release, “With a disruptive voice and a far-reaching campaign, Polaris Slingshot set out to educate a new thrill-seeking audience who embraces adrenaline and attention. The first-ever national advertising campaign, designed to build the brand's awareness, leveraged college basketball's championship tournament in March. The month-long campaign that ‘dared’ consumers to ride a Polaris Slingshot was nothing short of a success.”
Polaris has declared the campaign a resounding success, a three-point winner from center court at the buzzer. “The effort delivered strong results for Slingshot, a three-wheeled, open-air roadster that combines exotic looks with raw performance and literally created and redefined a category for thrill-seeking adrenaline and attention junkies.” Among the highlights included:
• A 37% increase in website visits during the month versus 2016
• The second-highest web traffic day in Slingshot history on the first day of the tournament
• A total reach of nearly 281 million fans, inclusive of national, local television and paid digital
• A record 24,000 new consumers seeking to gain more information on Polaris Slingshot products
• A robust national satellite media tour with NBA legend and all-time leading 3-point scorer Ray Allen, which reached an earned media audience throughout the top national sports outlets
"We committed to kicking off the buying season with a bang, leveraging the month of March to drive a broader audience to the brand," said Kevin Reilly, Vice President, Marketing. "The impact and reach was a perfect way to kick-start our promotional efforts and the awareness generated will build momentum for the brand while supporting our nationwide dealer network." For more information about Slingshot visit PolarisSlingshot.com.