Yesterday at Imola, Max Biaggi won the 2010 SBK World Championship aboard an Aprilia RSV4. When he accepted the trophy he was wearing a t-shirt with a fifth star for this, his fifth World Championship, on the front and 10 reasons for his victory on its back. Here’s those reasons.
1. I've been chasing a fifth star for a long time.
2. I am the first Italian in SBK history to win the world title.
3. I am the first Italian to win a 250cc world championship with an Italian bike (Aprilia) and I wanted to be the first Italian to win in SBK with an Italian bike (Aprilia).
4. I have the hottest chick as my companion, and this helps! (Eleonora Pedron, ex-Miss Italia)
5. Enzo Ferrari was wrong, in a big way... ( Referring to the F1 constructor, who famously said "When a driver becomes a father, he loses one second a lap").
6. I will never stop thanking Ducati for their refusal to sign me in 2009.
7. Aprilia and Piaggio are my second family.
8. Becoming a father has given me exceptional motivation.
9. At well past 39 years of age I can still keep everyone else in line.
10. I owed it to all my fans and the Italians.
All the photos in the gallery below are courtesy of Aprilia Racing and were taken yesterday.