By The Numbers: Marc Marquez's Mugello CrashDuring practice for this weekend's MotoGP race at Mugello, Marc Marquez had an absolutely huge crash....
During practice for this weekend's MotoGP race at Mugello, Marc Marquez had an absolutely huge crash. Because he was wearing an airbag-equipped Alpinestars TechAir suit a) he walked away without injury b) the entire crash was datalogged. Here's those numbers.
- Speed at time of loss of control: 337.9 Km/H (209.9 Mph).
- First impact with ground: 0.080 seconds after crash detection.
- First impact with ground: 0.030 seconds after full airbag inflation (airbags inflated in 0.050 seconds).
- Maximum (recorded) energy in crash: 25g (the Tech Air system accelerometers' maximum energy recording capability, meaning the actual impact was likely more severe).
- Duration of significant data during the accident: 4.250 seconds.