RideApart is looking for a Writer and editor
Want to earn your living by riding and driving the newest motorcycles and cars on the market and then writing about it? Are you obsessed with everything motorcycles and automotive? Can you seek out the most cutting-edge gear, gadgets and outdoor doodads? Do you know everything about two and four wheels and want to share your wealth of information with the public?
You'll fit right in at RideApart. Read the job description and if you feel like you fit the bill, email us at email@example.com
We are looking for an Associate Editor to work as a core member of the expanding editorial team. This position will be reporting to the Senior Editor. The ideal candidate would be knowledgeable about the consumer powersports and automotive industry and love bikes, cars, the outdoors, and the culture that comes with it. Our sites feature gear, car, and bike reviews, how to's, long and short form videos, lifestyle pieces and one of the largest motorcycle communities online.
Candidate should also be highly motivated, extremely detail-oriented and enjoy working closely with others in a fast-paced, team-oriented start-up environment.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Senior Editor and editorial team to evaluate and plan long-lead content.
- Produce, develop and write feature stories on a daily basis.
- Research all aspects of current new and upcoming vehicles, including emerging market segments.
- Assist in all areas relating to planning and coordinating gear and vehicles.
- Coordinate with freelancers on story ideas, assignments and deadlines, while keeping within a monthly budget.
- Track and maintain a dynamic editorial calendar and budget.
- Maintain website schedule, timelines and coordination.
- Attend and represent at industry related events.
- Develop and maintain industry contacts to help achieve publication goals and to stay current with trends and related issues.
- Reply to correspondence regarding materials published.
- Help to track powersports and automotive information from multiple sources, i.e. blogs, marketing info, and distill information into daily news blogs and weekly roundups.
- Actively participate in community forums as they relate to the powersports and automotive industry.
- Work on social media projects. All other duties to be assigned.
- Require 2 to 3 years experience in a similar function.
- College degree in journalism or English preferred.
- Extremely strong (and fast) writer and editor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Amazing grammar skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with tight deadline and timeline requirements.
- Must be familiar with best SEO practices.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and social performance dashboards.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and other CMS software programs specific to the new media industry.
- Experience with photography and video.
- GoPro experience and being comfortable in front of the camera also a plus.
- Some travel is required as is a clean, valid automotive and motorcycle drivers license.
- Must be based in Southern California. Office is in Hollywood, CA