RideApart is Hiring: Managing EditorRideApart is looking for a new managing editor to help guide the site into the next chapter of its exciting...
RideApart is looking for a new managing editor to help guide the site into the next chapter of its exciting history.
A multi-faceted role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and editing editorial submissions from freelance contributors
- Social media syndication and audience engagement
- Working closely with the site Director on planning, as well as developing templates, style guides, and other tools
- News and story gathering, including the development and execution of your own feature pieces
- Frequent engagement with motorcycle industry contacts
You will be setting and working to strict deadlines. A relevant degree in journalism or English is a bonus, but a proven ability to do the job is what really matters. You must possess basic photo editing skills, must have experience working with a website content management system, and, of course, it’s expected that you’ll be crazy about motorcycles.
This position requires attention to detail and the ability to multitask. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be self motivated to excel in a virtual team environment. The ideal candidate will be based in Southern California, however, candidates wishing to work remotely will be considered.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
1) A quick note explaining why you’re the ideal candidate, along with salary history.
2) Links to five stories that you have written.
3) PDF or Word version of your resume.